Saturday 17 December 2011

Group 2A-5: Activity 5 
This activity was an awakening for me, because it reminded me of the integral part the principal plays in shaping the learning culture of the school and the support that s/he has to give to all in the school community.  Additionally it made me more keenly aware of how multifaceted the role of an educator/or principal is. Usually, we speak of teachers being all things to all persons on the school compound, lawyer, doctor, police officer, nurse, counselor, disciplinarian, pastor, just to name a mere few.  This is definitely indicated in the reading and I know that if we are going to be good, effective educators we will have to continue functioning in all the roles described in the literature. So just let's do it. We can; oh, yes we can!

Completing this activity also made me realize that I need to improve my skills in the use of technological tools for management purposes.  Additionally it brought to the forefront the fact that the use of ICT in the execution of the roles of an educator will become the norm and so I need to ensure that my staff and I are equipped with the knowledge and skills to use the tools of ICT.  Consequently, the MOE will need to ensure that all schools are furnished with the necessary equipment and tools.




Group 2A-5: Assignment 1
Reflections

As I face the challenges of life, I feel that this course is ranking in the region of one of the biggest. It's high speed learning, like the super information highway and all the high speed internet access. If you are a slow poke or a slow learner, this course is definitely not for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment