Monday 9 January 2012

Group 2A-5

Activity 6B: Symbol Distribution

I like when I have to discover things on my own when working on the computer.  It stays with me more too.  I especially enjoyed activity 6B- Symbol Distribution.  Just completing the activity, taught me so many things about working with graphs, e.g. formatting the plot area, or the background, changing the line colour and writing in the the chart and axes titles.

Again, in doing this activity, I see how helpful the collaborative approach is, especially in learning new concepts. For example, I submitted my graph without naming the axes and it was one of my other group members who brought that too my attention.  I was then forced to go back to decide how to label these axes and by exploring the tool bar, I was able to locate and find the icon that would allow me to drop down the menu to label the axes.  I then went further to reformat my chart even more and could have done even more, if I were willing to spend more time doing so.

When I put the students in my place, it demonstrates the joy that they will feel when they are able to have like accomplishments and also assist their peers in reaching these milestones.  We, as educators, must therefore seek to afford our students these opportunities for discovery and exploration in using ICT in their learning experiences.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment