Wednesday 1 February 2012

Group 2A5 Activity 8 Lesson_Plan_Draft

The principal of 'just in time learning' is one that I learnt from doing this activity.  I believe that it makes a lot of sense to teach whatever skills in the context in which it will be used.  As was shown, this is the same for learning to teach with ICT.

I learnt a lot from having to produce a lesson plan with this principle in mind.  I also believe the idea of sharing our plans is an excellent one as it allows us to collaborate and learn from each other.  I found the lesson plans to be quite interesting, but I was most impressed with Bernard Richardson's and Shelly Galloway's plans.

What was especially appealing to me about this activity was the requirement to integrate aspects of ICT (spreadsheets) into our lesson. It forced us not only to think of ways that this could be done, but also how to teach the skills in context.  I also appreciate the fact that I was required to use a tool that I had previously not used very often and also felt that it was too difficult for me to learn; so what I did was use WORD for everything, as that is one of the two programs that I was most efficient and comfortable with.


No comments:

Post a Comment